Blockchain & Fintech Technologies
New Financial technology (Fintech) like blockchain and cryptocurrency poses legal and safety challenges to companies. This course discusses these challenges with an emphasis on the ASEAN region, a global hub of Fintech innovation.
On completion of the course, participants will understand:
- The concept of regulatory sandbox.
- Blockchain and crypto currencies
- The legal status of Initial Coin Offerings (ICO) and Crypto Trading.
- Future Trends of Fintech- Blockchain, Regtech, InsurTech and AI.
- ASEAN Policies and regulatorsaround Fintech Innovation and market protection.
At the end of the course, participants will have a good understanding of the fundamental concepts of entrepreneurship and develop entrepreneurial mindset.
Participants will receive a certificate signed by the International Business School The Hague and the lecturer of this course.
- Two weeks
- Ten working days
- 3-4 contact hours per day
- Assignments and group activities for self-study
- Offered several times per year – Next course is January 2020
1. Regulatory Landscape for Initial Coin Offerings (ICO)
- Legal status of Initial Coin Offerings (ICO) across ASEAN
- ICO’s and fraud
- Regulation around crypto exchanges and scam-free Crypto trade
2. Understanding Regulatory sandbox
- What is a sandbox? Do you need one?
- Regulatory and industry sandbox.
- Jurisdictions where it’s currently applicable and its success rate.
- Does graduating from Sandbox entitle you good money through ICO funding? Some case studies to be discussed.
3. Fintech Trends for 2019 and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Understanding API’s, Open Banking- is open banking a reality yet?
- Project Ubin of Monetary Authority Bank of Singapore (MAS) – using BlockChain for clearing and settlement of payments and securities.
- Data Privacy and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)- what to bear in mind.
- Understanding Payments, Remittance landscape within BlockChain framework and RegTech, InsurTech and AI.
4. Regulators around ASEAN
- Regulator’s readiness to innovation- fintech regulators around ASEAN and their approach towards innovation and market protection.
- Fintech Innovation Hub- what makes Singapore the best Fintech Hub?
- Covering every jurisdiction within ASEAN and some of the other key Fintech markets to throw light on regulation/soft regulation, and regulatory guidelines.
- Market advantages and Crypto Bans.