The International Business School The Hague (IBSH)


Studying at IBSH will be a life-changing experience. Your studies will prepare you for a fulfilling professional life as a capable, self-assured individual. It will make you valuable to business and attractive to employers because it teaches you skills that make the most of your innovative mind. You will be challenged in and out of the classroom, and you will gain an education based on the latest developments in business.

Professors’ doors are always open for students who have questions, projects or ideas. Elective courses with in-depth analysis in the second and third terms allow every student to become involved. IBSH’s strong links with local and international businesses and organizations offers opportunities for practical projects and real-life collaborations. 

Living and studying in Rijswijk / The Haguehas never been better. Rijswijk / The Hague is home to one of the largest and busiest ports in the world and many multinational companies have their headquarters here. The Hague is still an extremely student-friendly city with plenty of affordable student housing, and a bustling nightlife that includes events organized by students’ associations. 

At the moment IBSH does not offer any scholarships.

The 2020-2021 tuition fee for the:
Master’s Programme is 8,500 euros per year. *
Bachelor’s Programme is 7,500 euros per year *
Advanced Diploma Courses is: 3,840 euros (3 months) *
Short Courses is: 3,100 euros (2 weeks), including accommodation, health insurance
Excluding 21 % VAT*

Payment by bank
Please make the payment directly to:

Beneficiary: International Business School the Hague Bank Name: ING
IBAN: NL60INGB0006687672

Please make sure that every payment has the name of the student and the invoice number. Payments without invoice number may not be processed correctly.

  • Study materials such as books, readers and business cases
  • Costs related to travel, international excursions and compulsory exchange semesters or internships abroad
  • For a reasonable standard of living in the Netherlands, you should have an income of approximately €1,000 per month or €12,000 per year (excluding the tuition fee). Here is an example of monthly expenditure:
    • Furnished Accommodation, including gas and electricity €450 – 500
    • Medical insurance €50
    • Telephone €25
    • Food €200
    • Books, recreation, clothing, public transport, etc. €200

Total costs per month €1,000

According to the Dutch government, for short courses the school cannot apply for visas for students. However, IBSH sends supporting documents to apply for short stay visas. This could either be 2 weeks, or 3 months. IBSH sends supporting documents which includes: Enrolment Letter, Health Insurance Confirmation, Proof of Payment, Bookings Confirmation etc.

Yes, your sponsor can pay for your tuition fee. As long as the sponsor lives in the Netherlands, the sponsor can pay on instalment bases.

Yes, you can send us your application first and complete your application package later with proof of your English proficiency. The results must be submitted before the application deadline or before the programme has reached maximum capacity (whichever occurs first)! If you submit your application without the proof, you will be asked to indicate when you will complete this step (for example when you plan to take your English test).

Yes, however, IBSH also can arrange accommodation for student, which is a house, with shared bathroom, kitchen and toilets. The house has 3 till 4 rooms. However, you can also arrange accommodation yourself. The costs vary from 450 – 500 euros per month.

You can apply for a room once you have been conditionally or unconditionally admitted to the first year of your programmes. Rooms will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. A fair distribution will be made under the EU and NON-EU students.

You can register from mid-April onwards.

Send an email to:

Is it possible for non-EEA nationals to work in the Netherlands after graduation?

Non-EEA nationals who have earned a diploma from a higher education institute in the Netherlands can apply for a special residence permit called the “zoekjaar” or orientation year after completing their studies. The ‘Orientation Year for Graduates Seeking Employment’ is a residence permit aimed at retaining foreign talent for the Dutch labour market. During this orientation year you are free to work without a work permit. Participants who find a job during this period can change their orientation year into a residence permit for Highly Skilled Migrants under more favorable terms. 

Within two weeks after you have submitted your application form in, the IBSH Admissions Office will let you know if your application is complete. Bear in mind that we receive a large number of applications towards the application deadline; therefore, it may take longer two weeks before you receive a confirmation e-mail. Only complete applications will be considered for admission. For this reason, we urge that you do not wait until the last moment to submit your application. If you wait until the last moment, you will have no margin for error. If you apply early (at least 4 weeks before the deadline), some mistakes can still be corrected.

For admission to an IBSH bachelor or master programme, a proof of proficiency in English on at least C1 level (according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Language – CEFR). English proficiency can be proven in different ways:

IELTS certificate level 6.0

TOEFL certificate level 60

Other acceptable ways of proving your English proficiency are:

> My Secondary- / High School education was taught entirely in English:

  • Your secondary school was taught completely in the English language in one of the following countries: USA, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa or within the EU/EEA. If it is not mentioned on the diploma, or on the website of the school that the programme was taught completely in the English language, an official statement provided by the school is required.
  • You have an International Baccalaureate (IB) English A Higher-Level certificate with grade 4 or higher or IB English A Standard Level Certificate with grade 5 or higher.
  • You have obtained a European Baccalaureate (EB) Diploma with a minimum grade of 7.0 for English (language 1 or 2).

> My bachelor degree was taught entirely in English:

Your degree programme was taught completely in the English language (equal to a minimum of 3 years or 180 EC) in one of the following countries: USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa or within the EU/EEA. If it is not mentioned on the diploma, or on the website of the university that the programme is taught completely in the English language, an official statement provided by the university is required.

> My master degree was taught entirely in English: 

Your master degree programme was taught completely in the English language in one of the following countries: USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa or within the EU/EEA. If it is not mentioned on the diploma, or on the website of the university that the programme is taught completely in the English language, an official statement provided by the university is required.

> I took a C1 level course or test as part of my university studies (in the EU/EEA):

IBSH accepts English course/test results at C1 level (CEFR) taken at any accredited applied science institute or research university institute within the EU/EEA.

You must be able to provide proof of this in your application. The document must clearly indicate the obtained level. If the course or test was taken as a part of your study, this can also be included in your transcript of records. However, the obtained level should still be indicated or additional documentation must be submitted.