Short Course in Social Media and Online Marketing
Social media marketing (SMM) is fast becoming a major part of the marketing efforts of many companies. Marketing via social media offers major advantages for marketeers, but also poses new challenges. This course gives a practical introduction to SMM and hands-on practice with several of the major social media platforms, such as Facebook,
Twitter and LinkedIn.
Topics addressed are:
- Understand social media and SMM
- Create a social media strategy
- Identifying a target audience
- Understand social media advertising
- Successful and unsuccessful SMM campaigns
- Creating profiles and running campaigns on SM
platforms: Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
- SMM goals and metrics
- Fundamentals of Search Engine Optimization
- Measure and analyse site traffic using Google
At the end of the course participants will have
acquired knowledge about marketing strategy and
use of online platforms.
The course will be a mixture of lectures, case studies and practical exercises.
Participants will receive a certificate of participation.
- Two weeks
- Ten working days
- 3-4 contact hours per day
- Assignments and group activities for self-study
- Offered several times per year- Next course is March 2020