The International Business School The Hague (IBSH)

Legal Residency

Legal Residency

IBSH will follow up your VISA process.

Students from countries outside the EU/EEA:

Students who do not have a nationality from an EU/EEA country must submit a copy of their residence permit or other documents considered to be proof of legal residency in the Netherlands, which must be valid on the first day of enrolment.

Proof of legal residency in the Netherlands that will be considered valid are: 

  • - an authorisation for a temporary stay (‘Machtiging Voorlopig Verblijf’, MVV);
  • - a residence permit.

To have proof of legally residency on the first day of enrolment, IBSH needs to start an immigration procedure for you well in advance. If you fail to meet our conditions before the deadline for an immigration procedure, you will not be able to have legal residency in the Netherlands on the first day of enrolment causing you not to be able to enrol as a student. Please make sure to read our information on immigration.

Dutch law requires students coming from outside the EU/EEA who want to terminate their study, whether temporarily or permanently, to meet all the above mentioned conditions if/when they re-enrol. In any case, contact the admission office before you terminate your enrolment temporarily or permanently.

Students from EU/EEA countries are not required to submit a valid residence permit. Submitting a copy of your passport or identity card, which must be valid on the first day of enrolment, is considered sufficient proof that you are from an EU/EEA country. You do need to register as a citizen with the Municipality of Den Haag (City Hall) or any other Municipality in the Netherlands, depending on where you live, within 4 weeks after your arrival.